There are all types of hotels
del Carmen has worked to attract smaller hotels - only a handful of them
have more than 40 rooms - and there is one to fit any traveler's budget.
Bigger hotels can be found in Playacar. New hotels open every week, so
just look around for a place that suits your style. The Playa
del Carmen Directory has a long list of hotels.
Rent a House or Condo
Nicer Hotels Where Our Friends and Family Stay
- Hotel Lunata ($65-$125) a beautiful hacienda style hotel filled with old Mexican charm and elegance. Excellent location on 5th Avenue in the heart of Playa del Carmen. 10 spacious air conditioned rooms with traditional Mexican decor and balconies. 984 8730884 www. lunata.com
- Blue Parrot Inn ($90-$240) Located on the beach at Calle 12, this is Playa del Carmen's landmark hotel. After nearly 2 decades, it still is popular and is what travelers think of when they imagine "Playa del Carmen." . Much of their business is returning customers. 984 8730049
- Hotel Las Palapas ($120+) Beachfront hotel with two story thatched roof palapas. 984 873 0584
- Hotel Shangri La ( $220-$365, breakfast and dinner included)
Beachfront hotel with two story thatched roof palapas. Next to the Las
+52 984 80 32804 www.shangrilacaribe.net
- Mosquito Blue ($130+) Very well located on 12th street and the 5th ,with a great pool and garden.
Mexican luxury with an Italian flair.
Have a private beach club at their sister hotel (www.mosquitobeachhotel.com). 52 984 873 1245 www.mosquitoblue.com
- La Tortuga ( $100 +)
Small charming hotel between 12 and 14th street .
+52-984-873 1484 www.hotellatortuga.com
El Cheapos but Buenos (under $40)
of the above hotels have cheaper rates off season, but these are good
year round or have different sized rooms, some of which are cheap.
- Hotel Posada Muralla ($35) - Individualized rooms with an eclectic
flair. In the middle of town 3 blocks from the beach. Rooms include,
refrigerator, private balcony with hammock, ceiling fans. 10 Ave. and
Calle. 10 984 8731238
- Hotel Rosa Mirador ($20-$65) - Very good deal in
terms of price-location, this little hotel offers clean pretty rooms
with ceiling fans for as low as $20 for 2 people. Only one block from
the beach, right in front of Coco Frizz beach club. The only drawback
is the amount of clubs around, so it could get loud at night. 984 8730750 www.rosamirador.com
- Student rooms for Rent at Yolanda´s house
($20-30) - 4 blocks away from the beach, clean comfortable small rooms
or studio ceiling fans, studio with AC. Primera Cerrada de Quintas del
Carmen. 984 8793228 or skype graciasplaya firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hostel Playa del Carmen ($10-$15) - Av 25 / calle
8 Clean, fully equipped kitchen, nice staff lockers and bed sheets 24
hour reception right across the street from WalMart walking distance
to beach and fifth avenue.
Caribbean Coast Travel
always has discount hotel packages listed on their website.
of the Talking Jaguar: Memoirs from the Living Heart of a Mayan Village
Guide to the Yucatan, Cancun and Cozumel Out of the way towns and ruins,
and eco traveler recommendations.