- Rent a car and drive to Playa
del Carmen. Crowded buses are not romantic.
- Stay in the heart of Playa del Carmen in the beautiful Hotel
Lunata. Rooms are well priced, air conditioned, and amazingly
- Dinner at Zas on Quinta Avenida past 10th.
- 2 for 1 drinks at the Blue Parrot Hotel bar on the beach
at Calle 12 (try to get a double swing).
- Breakfast in the trees at 100% Natural on Quinta Avenida.
- Spend the day on the beach in Playa del Carmen. The Tucan
Beach Club north past the Playa Real hotel is nice.
- Revive with dinner at La Casa del Agua Restaurant on Quinta Avenida for some fresh seafood.
- Drink a late night tequila $30 shot of tequila at the Tequilaria.
- Dance the night away on the beach at Captain Tutix (on
- For a active day, fly to Chichen Itza. The Aerosaab
flight gets you there early and you can be the first couple to
climb the famous pyramid, then escape before the bus riding hoards
- For a quieter day, go to Coco Beach Club and drink pina
coladas. Maybe check out some real
estate to plan the Mexican vacation home of your dreams.
- Get a table in the garden replica of the Tulum ruins and taste
Mayan food at Yaxche Maya
Restaurant. Get the agua de chaya to drink.
- Sleep in just a little, then drive South to Tulum
- Check into your cabaña at Osho hotel.
- Do yoga, get massages, relax relax relax.
- If you want to stay in Playa del Carmen,
spend the day at Xcaret -
just South of Playacar. Save time and energy by taking a tour
- you can go to Xcaret, Tulum and Xel Ha, or Coba and a Mayan
village (recommended) or set up your own private tour.
- When you are ready for a break from the
activities at Xcaret, relax to new age music in the butterfly
garden or nap in a hammock.
- Have an early dinner at the Mexican restaurant
by the horse stables.
- Stay for the twilight tour of the Mayan
village and folkloric show.
- In Tulum, Teta Tulum is also nice a nice hotel, ask for
the cabana closest to the beach.
- Rest, relax, listen to the birds and the surf.
- In Playa del Carmen, go snorkeling
for the morning. Caribbean
Coast Travel can set you up with tours and transportation
to all the popular Mayan Riviera destinations.
- Have lunch at CafeSasta or Food
- Go back to Playa del Carmen because you miss the party life.
- Eat dinner at Media Luna or The Water Grill
- Breakfast at Byblo's. Lovely French pasteries Downstairs
from the Beer Bucket Bar.
- Stroll up and down Playa del Carmen's Quinta Avenida for some
morning shopping before you head