of family fun South of Cancun
- Rent a car and drive to Puerto
- Make sure you have room to relax by renting a condo from
Realty . The kitchen will save you money on snacks and
- Swim in the beach and pool at the Puerto Aventuras Omni Hotel
- everyone is welcome. Set up a snorkeling tour.
- Walk around the marina at 4pm and try to buy fish from the charter
fishing boats for dinner.
- No luck getting fish? Dine at the Italian Bakery, on
the marina. Good food, good prices.
- Try again for fish another night or set up a fishing trip with
Aventuras Fishing to catch your own. For eating, dorado
is the best, followed by boquinete, mero, pargo and corvina.
- The dolphins are right in the marina for you to watch. You can
pay to swim with them. There is also a small shipwreck museum.
- Take the 8am or 10:30am ATV
Jungle Tour (on the highway just past Playacar, and before
Xcaret). Wear your bathing suit under your clothes, and bring
dry (and nicer) clothes for later.
- Spend the rest of the day on the beach in Playa
del Carmen. Coco Beach Club has showers and a restaurant.
- If you have teenagers, send them over to Señor Frog's
next to the ferry to Cozumel for loud music and shooters. They
can get a cab back to Puerto Aventuras later that night if you
trust them. Playa del Carmen is a pretty safe city and at least
the kids won't be driving!
- Stroll up and down Quinta Avenida for some twilight shopping
and people watching.
- Try out the fresh juice and Mayan food at Yaxche
Maya Restaurant on 8th, a block off Quinta Avenida. Poc
Choc is tasty pork and all their chicken dishes are super. Try
the agua de chaya.
- Still have energy? Sip 2 for 1 drinks at the Blue Parrot
Hotel bar on the beach at Calle 12 while the kids chase crabs
on the beach. Don't be an idiot and drive drunk, though.
- Leave the condo or hotel by 8am so you can arrive at the Tulum
ruins in time to beat the cruise boat traffic. Save time and
energy by taking a tour with Alltournative
- you can go to Xcaret, Tulum and Xel Ha, or Coba and a Mayan
village (recommended) or set up your own private tour.
- After the Tulum ruins, snorkel at Xel Ha or Casa Cenote.
- Xel Ha eco park is only
$15 and has a large lagoon, mangrove river, and several cenotes.
The restaurants are reasonably priced and there is plenty to do
- At Casa Cenote you can
snorkel through mangroves and see a cavern entrance. You can also
swim at their small beach. Fun for 2+ hours. The restaurant is
very good and well priced.
- Have breakfast at Cafe Ole in Puerto Aventuras and lounge
at the Omni's beach until you have to leave.
- If you are in Playa del Carmen, have breakfast in the trees
at 100% Natural.