- So it looks as though it should be rough on the mainland, well
don't fear there is still great diving here for you. Generally
the weather is better on Cozumel Island if it is bad on the mainland.
- Go to Playa del Carmen and
take the ferry to Cozumel. You
can read more about Cozumel at the official Mexican governent
website Isla Cozumel.
- There are rooms available in all price ranges, from a room in
a private house to fancy resorts, easy to find from the pier.
- Eat at Capi Navegante on 10 Avenida South between Calles
3 and 5 South for the best Caribbean style seafood on Cozumel
987 872 1730
- Of course if there is a major storm system, both will be bad.
You can always go cenote cavern
diving or improve your skills at a dive shop like Cyan Ha
- Dive the majestic reefs of Cozumel. Christina will take you
an good tours, just tell her what you are looking for.
- Eat dinner at La
Choza Restaurant, well priced and very authentic super
tasty Mexican food. Try the Relleno Negro, it is worth the trip
just for this traditional spicy dish. R. Salas 190 (987 20958)
- Breakfast at Jeanie's Waffle House on Avenida RE Melgar #45
- Take a wall dive or night dive in Cozumel.
- La Chocay serves Mediterranean cuisine for dinner with a beautiful
view. On the Corpus Christi church plaza. Calle 17 and 25 Avenida
- Go out and party with the tourists. Try Joe's or Habana
- Take a break from diving and see Cozumel. Rent a scooter and
drive around the island of Cozumel. Have lunch on the beach on
the windward side of the island.
- Make sure to check out the ruins on the island they are small,
- Go to the beach near the Intercontinental Hotel and snorkel
from the shore. It is as good as a shallow dive.
- Take the ferry back to the mainland. Even though the waves are
big you can still take advantage of a unique diving experience
available to visitors of the Yucatan cenote
- Get a seat in the Tulum Ruins garden at Yaxche
Maya Restaurant on 8th, a block off Quinta Avenida.
- Take a cavern tour the professional guides of Cyan Ha - you can dive or snorkel in a centoe cavern
- Have dinner at Zas in Playa del Carmen and drinks at Cavalova across
- Walk around and have breakfast at one of the juice bars on Quinta